Dear Participants of TSSP 2020!
Because of the COVID-9 pandemic, we have taken the difficult decision to postpone TSSP 2020. Ensuring the safety of participants from around the world is priority, we feel we have no other choice and we have to change the date. All other conditions and rules of TSSP are still the same (see here).
If you have questions or would like further information about your participation, you can contact us by submitting email to Coordinator of the chosen Program.
In the meantime, stay healthy, stay safe, and stay positive.
With kind regards,
TSSP UMK Committee
Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń, Poland, is pleased to welcome applications for the 1st edition of the Toruń Students Summer Program – TSSP. TSSP is an opportunity for international students interested in every academic discipline to lead a 4-week-long summer research project in one of the following programs:
The projects shall be prepared in accordance with the list of disciplines and research topics pursued under one of the five Toruń Students Summer Programs – TSSP (ID - TSSP).
1. TAPS - Toruń Astrophysics/ Physics Summer Program
- astronomy, physics, mathematics, informatics, automatics, robotics, and computer science
2. TABMED Toruń and Bydgoszcz Medical Summer Program
- medicine, pharmacy, laboratory medicine, cosmetology, nursing, midwifery, physiotherapy, medical rescue, dietetics, public health, ocular optics, optometry
3. TSSP NatSci - Toruń Students Summer Program in Natural Sciences
- biochemistry, biology, biotechnology, chemical sciences, Earth sciences, environmental protection, geography, spatial management, tourism, veterinary
4. TELSP - Toruń Economic and Legal Summer Program
- management, economics, business and administration, finance, accounting, logistics, communication and psychology in business, comparative constitutional law, medical law, insurance law, human rights and bioethics, tax law, new technologies and their impact on criminal procedure, international and EU public and private law
5. THUS - Torun Humanities and Social Sciences Summer Program
- Ancient History, Archeology, Cogtnitive Personality Psychology, Decorative Arts and Conservation of Works of Art, East Central and Northern Europe in the Middle Ages, European Studies, Higher Education, History of Historiography, History, Internal Security, International Relations, Medieval Archeology, Medieval History, Modern History, National Security, Philosophy and Theory of Politics, Political Systems, Political Thought
For each participant, we will offer the student housing in Toruń or Bydgoszcz and a daily allowance of 50 PLN (~12 euro), which are more than sufficient to cover the living costs during the stay in Poland.
This year's TSSP novelty is that the NCU student can join each project! The decision to join a student of our university is made individually by the trainee's tutor.Apart from the projects, once a week, we will organise an invited lecture and a lunch or dinner for the entire group for each program. We will also offer short trips/sightseeing in the Toruń and Bydgoszcz area on selected weekends. All students will be asked to give 15-minute presentations about the results of their projects at the end of their stay in Toruń/ Bydgoszcz.
Students accepted in 2020 will complete an internship in 2021. Recruitment will start on April 19 this year for new students willing to participate in TSSP.We kindly ask all interested students to provide us with the following information in English: