The main component of the summer program is an active participation in the implementation of selected research projects offered by the staff members of the Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń from Faculty of Biological and Veterinary Sciences, Faculty of Chemistry, and Faculty of Earth Sciences and Spatial Management, please see the topics and their descriptions below. Interested students are welcome to contact possible advisors for more details concerning the foreseen projects and discuss the dates that the project could be undertaken. The NCU students can join to each project.
See the list of topics and advisors
Apart from the projects, once a week we will organize an invited lecture for the entire group. We will also offer short trips / sightseeing in the Toruń area on selected weekends (depending on the pandemic situation). All students will be asked to give 15-minute presentations about the results of their projects at the end of their stay in Toruń.
^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Schedule for 2023 edition:
^ ^ ^ ^ ^
- January 9th till March 5th, 2023
- submission of the research project proposals by the projects' supervisors
March 15th, 2023 (extended till March 19th, 2023)
- announcement of the selected projects on the TSSP web sites
March 20th – April 20th, 2023 (April 11th - May 10th, 2023)
- recruitment of foreign students for individual research projects
May 8th, 2023 (May 24th, 2023)
- announcement the list ( and reserve list) of participants
May 2nd – May 31st, 2023 (June 1st - 18th, 2023)
- recruitment of NCU students
- May - June, 2023
- formalities for foreign students
June 30th, 2023 (at the beginning of July, 2023)
- announcement the list (and reserve list) of participants from NCU
- July, August - mid September 2023
- implementation of Summer Programs
We kindly ask all interested students to provide us with the following information in English or Polish
- Application form; (closed)
- Curriculum Vitae (max. 4 pages);
- Motivation letter (max. 1 page) containing the title(s) of the project(s) they would like to contribute to
- Consent to personal data processing.
- Optional: letter of recommendation, e.g. from their scientific advisor, staff member from their institute, former internship advisor, etc.
- Proof of student status.
Complete applications should be send to natsci [at] umk.pl
before the deadline of
April 20th, 2022, 14:00 CET (extended: May 10th, 2023)
. The results of the selection procedure will be announced on the 24th of May, 2023.
Please note that we cannot reimburse your travel expenses to Toruń / Bydgoszcz. See the official regulations for the Toruń Students Summer Programs:
^ ^ ^ ^ ^
For each participant, we will offer the student housing in Toruń and a daily allowance of 70 PLN (~15 euro), which is sufficient to cover the living costs during the stay in Poland.
Students will be offered single occupancy rooms in the dormitories of the Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń, located at the walking distance from the Bielany Campus (where Faculty of Biological and Veterinary Sciences, Faculty of Chemistry, and Faculty of Earth Sciences and Spatial Management are located).
^ ^ ^ ^ ^